Riesling 2019 « Tradition »
- Appellation : PDO Alsace
- Grapes : Riesling
- Wine processing : stainless steel tank
- Aging potential : 5-7 years
- Serving temperature : 53°F
- Goes well with dishes and wines : cocktails, fish, shell fish, pies, choucroute (sauerkraut, sausages and pork)
As its name indicates, it is a more traditional Riesling, whose blended grapes originate from the heavy soils of the town’s lower part as well as the lighter ones from the Saint Hippolyte slopes.
It is a fruity, dry wine with a slight hint of sourness bringing to it a beautiful freshness.
Its white fruit aromas as well as its precision seduced the jury members of the independent wine growers’ wine contest in 2017 which awarded a gold medal to it.
It is the perfect representative of the Alsatian dry wine tradition.
Recipe idea, Food and Wine pairing
For 6 persons
300 g of flour
30ml of olive oil
3 dozen medium snails
20g of nettle leaves
60g of garlic
90g of salted butter
20g of bread crumbs
250g of Shiitakes
25cl of fluid cream
You can enjoy this dish at the restaurant Val Vignes in Saint-Hippolyte.
Prepare the ravioli dough,
1. In a salad bowl pour a pile of flour and make a well. Add the broken eggs, the oil then the salt. Beat the eggs and olive oil and gently stir in the flour. Stir from center to outside until you get a sticky dough.
2. Knead the dough on a well-floured surface until it is elastic and dry to the touch. Then let stand 1 hour.
Make garlic butter and nettle,
3. Let the butter soften and during this time peel the cloves of garlic.
4. Rinse nettles quickly and wipe and mix with garlic.
5. Add the softened butter, bread crumbs and mix again.
Spread out the ravioli dough …
6. Separate the dough into 4 and cover it. Flour the worktop and roll one of the 4 pieces.
7. Spread the pasta until you have a 2mm disc
… and arrange the snails with their garlic and nettle butter.
8. Mark the dough disc with a round cutter,
9. Place in each circle a dab of garlic and nettle butter previously made and a snail.
10. Spread another piece of dough in the same way as the first and cover it with a cloth.
11. So that the dough adheres properly it is good to moisten each round with a brush.
12. Place the second dough disk on the first one to cover the snails, stick each small pile in between and then detail each raviole with a cookie cutter.
13. that the ravioli do not dry; put them in a large floured cloth.
14. Repeat the operation with the other two pieces. You can recover the fall and start the operation again from the beginning.
15. Boil salty water, wipe Shiitake and cut off the toes. Cut them into strips.
16. Incorporate one third of the Shiitake in boiling water with ten ravioles and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes, the cooking time will depend on the thickness of your dough.
17. Once cooked, keep warm and in the same cooking water, repeat the operation in 2 times with the last two thirds remaining.
18. After cooking, keep about 600 ml of broth in which you add the cooked Shiitake pieces and the cream. Season with salt and pepper and mix everything and adjust the seasoning. Dress the ravioli in this velvety and good appetite!
OUR ALSATIAN WINES
Granite, clay, limestone, sandstone, marl, our soils are as rich as varied. This complexity will be found in the wines of the domain, to each wine his soil, to each soil his character, to each character his fragrancy.
Domaine Sylvie Fahrer & Fils
24 route du Vin – 68590 Saint-Hippolyte
Tél. 03 89 73 00 40
Mail : email@example.com