Riesling 2018 « Silberberg »
- Appellation : PDO Alsace
- Grapes : Riesling
- Wine processing : Stainless steel tank
- Aging potential : 7-9 years
- Serving temperature : 53°F
- Goes well with dishes and wines : oysters, sauerkraut, Baeckehoffe (a French casserole dish), scallops…
The Silberberg or ‘the Silver Mountain’ named after its type of soil, is a place located near Rorschwihr.
A long time ago, there were once silver mines here. This small piece of land on a hill with a perfect south-east exposure doesn’t yield more than 1200 bottles per year. But, it brings out the best of this rich and mineral soil on which the grapes grow.
RECIPE IDEA, FOOD AND WINE PAIRING
Supreme of guinea fowl with crayfish
For 4 people
1 farm guinea fowl
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 bottle of white wine
1 can of crayfish bisque or lobster bisque
1 knob of butter
5cl of calvados
2 tablespoons fresh cream
You can enjoy this dish at the restaurant Le Duc de Lorraine à Saint-Hippolyte.
- Cut the guinea fowl, mince the tomatoes and the shallots
- In a pot, heat the oil and a knob of butter to catch the guinea fowl. We must want to make all the faces come back and do not forget to salt and pepper.
- Once the pieces are back, add the tomatoes and shallots and mix by sprinkling with flour.
Delicately add white wine and crayfish bisque
- Simmer over low heat and cover for a good hour, stirring occasionally.
- During this time, make the crayfish blush in warm oil evenly, salt, cook for about 50 minutes and flambé with calvados.
- Add the crayfish to the guinea fowl, then the cream and cook for about 10 minutes, that’s ready!
OUR ALSATIAN WINES
Granite, clay, limestone, sandstone, marl, our soils are as rich as varied. This complexity will be found in the wines of the domain, to each wine his soil, to each soil his character, to each character his fragrancy.
Domaine Sylvie Fahrer & Fils
24 route du Vin – 68590 Saint-Hippolyte
Tél. 03 89 73 00 40
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org