GEWURZTRAMINER 2015 « Late Harvest Wine »
- Appellation : PDO Alsace
- Grapes : Gewurztraminer
- Wine processing : stainless steel tank
- Aging potential : 15 years
- Serving temperature : 53°F
- Goes well with dishes and wines : cocktails, Foie Gras, dessert and sharp cheeses
Originating from a late harvest in order to obtain the arrival of noble rot ‘the botrytis, this exceptional wine created from overripe grapes is a treat for all wine lovers.
This sweet, liquor-like wine will be an aromatic explosion as much for the sense of smell as for the taste by its aromas of candied fruit, litchis, some hints of spice.
Its length on the palate and its sweetness will remind you of your childhood treats. Often nicknamed the ‘pee of angels’, its delicateness and its smoothness will be paradisiac.
RECIPE IDEA, FOOD AND WINE PAIRING
Strong Cheese Platter
You can enjoy this dish at the restaurant Le Parc in Saint-Hippolyte.
To make a complete cheese plate:
- Keep your cheeses in the vegetable compartment of your refrigerator.
- Take the cheese out of the fridge 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
- Arrange the cheeses on a tray.
OUR ALSATIAN WINES
Granite, clay, limestone, sandstone, marl, our soils are as rich as varied. This complexity will be found in the wines of the domain, to each wine his soil, to each soil his character, to each character his fragrancy.
Domaine Sylvie Fahrer & Fils
24 route du Vin – 68590 Saint-Hippolyte
Tél. 03 89 73 00 40
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org